Welcome, we are Ajax’s only recognized Skate Canada Club since 1967. Our Skate Canada, NCCP certified professional coaches focus on achieving goals through fun, progressive skill development that can be applied to recreational skating, ringette, hockey and beginner to elite figure skating. We welcome everyone from 3 years old, teens, adults, hockey/ringette players and those with special needs!
You can always feel free to reach our office by emailing us at email@example.com.
In this section you will find the most up to date information that affects all of us. We will post protocols, all waivers needed and daily health check forms.
The Town of Ajax and the Ajax Skating Club looks forward to the safe return of all of our members. During all phases of the Return to Hockey/Skating/Ringette process, a spirit of ongoing patience and flexibility is paramount. As such the following COVID-19 Arena Safety Protocols have been put in place, to align with all applicable Provincial Orders, Provincial and Regional Public Health directives and guidelines, and Town policies and procedures related to COVID-19 as well as the Ontario Hockey Federation, Ontario Women’s Hockey Association, Ringette Ontario and Skate Canada return-to-play guidelines.
Parents and guardians have an important role to play in making sure the new measures are followed, and will require us all to be even more diligent. The most significant changes are:
Health Check - Pre-Screening, Attendance and # of Attendees
- Before entering the arena/facility any patron (participant, coach, parent/guardian) must complete a COVID-19 Screening Survey www.ajax.ca/CovidScreen OR complete the hard copy form upon arrival. Organizations may have an additional Screening that needs to be completed prior to entering the Facility.
- Every patron must provide their full name and contact information for contact tracing purposes each and every time they enter the facility
- As of September 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination as well as proof of identity (such a driver’s licence or health card) to access certain public settings and facilities. The only exemptions permitted to enter these settings are for unvaccinated people with medical exemptions and people under 12 years old. Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted with a doctor’s note until the medical exemption can be integrated as part of a digital vaccine certificate.
- Permit Holder must designate team official to assist town staff with admittance to facility including health screening and contact tracing requirements, to expedite the process
- Patrons who have underlying health issues should not enter the Facility
- Patrons who are sick with any illness or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 must not enter the Facility
- Adhering to current Provincial and Public Health guidelines, the maximum number of people allowed on the indoor ice surface at any given time is 35 per pad, one of which must include a coach/trainer/instructor
- A maximum of 35 spectators per pad are permitted for each to enter at the same time as the participants and must remain in the arena spectators viewing area/stands.
Asymptomatic household contacts of symptomatic individuals: Quarantine, do not leave home.
- All asymptomatic household contacts of symptomatic individuals are required to quarantine, until the symptomatic individual receives a negative COVID-19 test result, or an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.
- If the symptomatic individual does not seek COVID-19 testing they should be treated as if they have COVID-19 and all household contacts must quarantine for 14 days from their last contact with that symptomatic individual.
We ask that you continue to self-monitor your child(ren) for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. This includes completing the daily self-assessment for symptoms before coming to the arena.
We remain vigilant to protecting the health and safety of our Ajax Skating Club families and continue to work with the Durham Region Health Department to follow the new safety measurements."
Facility Entrance and Exit
- Arena doors will remain locked to control general public access to facilities. There will be no in/out privileges. Parents/Guardians can drop of children at designated check in table where Coach will be waiting.
- Participants will be granted entry to the rink a maximum of 10 minutes before their scheduled ice time and must exit the facility 15 minutes after leaving the ice.
- ACC Pad 1 patrons must enter from East Main entrance. Patrons must exit through the main lobby exit.
- ACC Pad 2 patrons must enter from East Main entrance. Patrons must exit through the main lobby exit.
- ACC Pad 3 patrons must enter from South Parking lot entrance. Patrons must exit from South exit inside Pad 3 just East of the stands.
- ACC Pad 4 patrons must enter from North Parking lot entrance. Patrons must exit from North exit inside Pad 4 behind the AMHA office.
Must Sign Covid-19 Forms
This is the one time waiver that Health Canada requires to be signed prior to the start of participating in any sport;
For all information that Skate Canada is recommending/mandating for all clubs to follow during Covid-19.
The Town of Ajax and the Ajax Skating Club protocols. CLICK HERE
Updated Facts on Covid-19 and what to do now that you have had a test factsheet