Fees & Session Policies
Skate Canada Membership Fees - $45.00
When you sign up for programs at sanctioned Skate Canada clubs, everyone is required to pay a once a year Skate Canada membership fee. This annual fee is valid from Sept. 1 to Aug. 31 of the following year. It includes insurance coverage, along with access to all Skate Canada programs and events.
For more information about Skate Canada, visit www.skatecanada.ca.
Administration Fee: All members will pay a once a year (Sept 1 - Aug 31) administration fee of $30.00 to help offset adminstration/program costs.
Registration Fees: Sessions are priced according to number of skating days, and adjusted for all Exception Days (holidays, competitions, tournaments, etc.)
|Program||Tuesday - 15 wks||Wednesday - 15 wks||Thursday - 15wks||Friday - 13wks||Saturday - 12wks|
$340 (11:00 - 1hr)
|Adult / Teen||$375||N/A||$375||N/A||N/A|
|Hockey / Ringette Skills||$375||N/A||$375||N/A||N/A|
|CanSkate Elite||$360||$360||$330 (50 mins)||$312||$340|
Registration: All participants must register online at www.ajaxskatingclub.ca, but will have the option of either paying:
- Online: Pay by Visa or Mastercard (2.5% charge for credit card payments)
- Online: E-Transfer to email Office@ajaxskatingclub.ca
- Offline: Pay by cheque (payable to ASC).
- Applicants can choose to either pay the complete fee at registration OR pay in installments.
Unused credit notes: Previous members with credit notes must contact the club at email@example.com, prior to registering, and ask to have the credit applied to their account.
NSF Fees - $7 fee will be charged for NSF transactions.
By registering online all skaters/parents agree to all ASC policies, Skater’s Code of Conduct and Athlete’s Release as outlined in the online waiver prior to registration.
Schedule is subject to revision based on skater registration should the ASC Board of Directors deem necessary.
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: ASC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of ASC.
- Refund Policy: See details of our refund policy below.
Every StarSkater will be required to sell one book of Skate Ontario raffle tickets ($2 per ticket, 20 tickets per book). The $40 for the tickets will be added to each skater's registration and ticket books will be handed out during the first week of classes. Further details will be provided with the ticket books.
Guest Skating, Off-Session Lessons, Make-Up Sessions
- A “guest skater” is an ASC skater coming on the ice on a day that they are not registered to skate on or a skater who is not registered with the ASC.
- Guest skating fees are $20.00 for ASC members and $25.00 for non-ASC members. All guest skaters must purchase a guest skating pass from the club office in advance of the session. Passes are to be given to the coach when entering the ice.
- Guest skating will only be permitted on sessions that are not full. Full sessions will be posted on the ASC bulletin board.
- Solo music will not be played for a guest skater until after all registered skaters have had their music played once in rotation.
- Off-session lessons are ONLY permitted if pre-arranged between the coach and skater. The skater may only remain on the ice for a 5-minute warm-up before the lesson, and must leave the ice immediately after the lesson; otherwise he or she is required to pay a guest skating fee. It is the coach’s responsibility to enforce this.
- Make-up sessions are only granted when the Ajax Skating Club cancels regularly scheduled sessions and it was not reflected in the schedule/exception days published at the begining of the season. (with the exception of cancellations due to inclement weather related issues.)
NOTE: There is a maximum of 10 guest skates per skater, per season.
NO GUEST SKATING, OFF-SESSION LESSON OR MAKE-UP
SESSION WILL BE ALLOWED ON FULL SESSIONS
STARSkate is for skaters who have successfully progressed through the CanSkate program. To participate in STARSkate, skaters are encouraged to select a private coach and, under their guidance, will develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of ice dance, skating skills, free skate and interpretive skating. STARSkaters progress through an increasingly complex series of skills via Skate Canada’s nationally standardized testing system
ALL FEES ARE QUOTED IN CANADIAN DOLLARS