HOCKEY and RINGETTE Skating Skills
This program focuses on specific skating skills for hockey and ringette and is coached by professional Skate Canada Can-Power coaches. Lessons emphasize balance, power, agility, speed and endurance. The program will also help to increase the length of stride as well as the efficiency of forward and backward skating.
Hockey and Ringette Skating Skills lessons will be offered as a Drop In program only. Skaters will be required to register in advance and pay the Skate Canada Membership fee of $44. This fee is required by Skate Canada for all participants of programs offered by our club and is not retained by Ajax Skating Club. This fee includes insurance for the skater while they are participating in any Ajax Skating Club program and is only paid once per skating year (Sept 1 - Aug 31).
Each Session is 50 mins and costs $20. For convenience a punch card will be available for purchase and can be loaded with as many $20 sessions as desired.
Please go to our registration page to register for the program. If you require assistance or have further questions please feel free to visit or call the office during regular office hours.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Skaters must be 6 years of age or have passed an assessment by Ajax Skating Club coaches.
- Skaters must have completed Stage 4 of the CanSkate Program or have been assessed at an equivalent level by the Ajax Skating Club coaches.
- Skaters must listen and follow directions of the coach at all times. This is a high ratio program and there are not any assistants to provide additional supervision to skaters who are not fully participating in the program. Skaters will be asked to leave the ice if they are disrupting the class and/or putting themselves and other skaters at risk.
- Skaters must wear full hockey or ringette gear (shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, shin pads, gloves) and hockey skates.
- Mouth guards are recommended but not required.
- Hockey Stick.
- A CSA Certified hockey helmet is mandatory.
- Gear is not available to rent.