Code of Conduct of the
Ajax Community Centre
To ensure a safe and pleasant environment, the Town of Ajax, Recreation Services, request that everyone using this facility comply with the code of conduct listed below. Above all, staff and visitors must be treated with respect. Non compliance may result in ejection from Town facilities for an indefinite period of time.
The following activities/behaviours/items are prohibited:
- Acting in an intimidating, disrespectful or disruptive fashion
- Behaviour which may interfere with the enjoyment of the facilities for others( ie: running, horseplay, fighting, spitting, swearing, blocking of stairways or exits, littering etc)
- Wearing of clothing or apparel that hides the identity of an individual except for religious purposes
- Use of in-line skates (other than on designated playing surfaces), skateboards, scooters, heelies and other rolling devices, as well as, cleats
- Verbal threats and insults
- Breaking of established rules governing activities run by Recreation Services
- The use of cellular phones (as a camera), personal digital assistants and digital cameras in change rooms, washrooms and dressing rooms
Please be aware that staff have the authority to check back packs, bags and purses. Any person who refuses to allow such an item to be checked may be asked to leave the facilities.
Anyone caught damaging or defacing property will pay ALL repair costs.
Children under the age of 10, not participating in a scheduled activity or program, must remain under the direct supervision of an adult or responsible guardian of at least 14 years of age. Direct supervision is defined as the child or children must be in sight of the parent or guardian at all times.