Welcome, we are Ajax’s only recognized Skate Canada Club since 1967. Our Skate Canada, NCCP certified professional coaches focus on achieving goals through fun, progressive skill development that can be applied to recreational skating, ringette, hockey and beginner to elite figure skating. We welcome everyone from 3 years old, teens, adults, hockey/ringette players and those with special needs!
You can always feel free to reach our office by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent & Tot
If your child is 3+ years old and you have an adult 18yrs+ living in your household that is able to skate this is the program for you.
This program is being introduced due to the new protocols of non touch teaching and no use of walkers allowed. This program is just like our Pre-Canskate program except 1 adult 18yrs of age or older from the same household and must be able to skate has to accompany the skater on the ice. This is to assist with getting up, helping them to move across the ice and more in the same manner as coaches did holding hands or walkers are used and to help them feel secure during their first few steps on the ice.
Focusing on fundamental skills this is a 50 minute Learn To Skate program which is facilitated by a Certified Coach. Basic skills are introduced stressing basic movement on the ice and focusing on FUN! Skaters will be assessed frequently to monitor their development in anticipation of their transition into our CanSkate program. Once skaters have mastered the required skills for Pre-CanSkate they will have the option then to move up to the CanSkate program (even if it is the middle of a season. Additional fees will be required on a pro-rated basis when a skater transfers to CanSkate.)
All participants must:
- have your own equipment including skates.
- a CSA-approved hockey helmet up to and including stage 5, due to covid-19 helmet full face shields are strongly recommended for all skaters.
- No bike helmets permitted. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- wear warm clothing which allows ease of movement. Jeans are not permitted.
- wear warm mittens or gloves. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
This year we will be accepting payment by credit card, e-transfer (sent to ajaxskatingclub.ca) or cheque made out to the Ajax Skating Club. Although cash is a choice we wish at this time to not accept to able stop the spread but if you need to pay by this method please contact our office admin (ajaxskatinglub.ca).
Tuesday - 5:30 - 6:20 session.
Fee is $154 for skater and $2.00 for adult + the yearly fees as below
When registering for any ASC program, the following fees will be automatically added to your invoice:
- ASC Administration fee $30.00 payable once per skater per skating year
- Skate Canada mandated membership fee $44.00, payable once per skater per skating year. This fee will also apply to the accompanying adult due to insurance purposes
Example - 156(registration) + 30(admin) + 88(2 Skate Canada fees) = $274
Sessions are priced according to number of skating days, and adjusted for all Exception Days (holidays, competitions, tournaments, etc.)
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: ASC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of ASC.
- Refund Policy: See details of our refund policy.