HOCKEY and RINGETTE Skating Skills
- Skaters must be 8 years of age or have passed an assessment by Ajax Skating Club coaches.
- Skaters must have completed Stage 4 of the CanSkate Program, able to move independently forward, backward and stopping or have been assessed at an equivalent level by the Ajax Skating Club coaches.
- Skaters must have participated in hockey/ringette for a minimum of 2 years.
- Skaters must listen and follow directions of the coach at all times. This is a high ratio program and there are not any assistants to provide additional supervision to skaters who are not fully participating in the program. Skaters will be asked to leave the ice if they are disrupting the class and/or putting themselves and other skaters at risk.
Advanced Session Eligibility Requirements:
- 8 years of age or older
- All the same as above also apply.
- 2 yrs min at hockey level of A or higher
- Has strong forward skills including strong power advancing forward crossovers
- All skaters will be assessed on the first day to determine if this is the session for them
- Skaters must wear full hockey or ringette gear (shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, shin pads, gloves) and hockey skates.
- Mouth guards are recommended but not required.
- Hockey Stick due to COVID-19 hockey sticks will not be used at this time. However this will be assessed on regular basis
- A CSA Certified hockey helmet is mandatory. Due to Covid-19 a helmet full face shield is highly recommended.
- Gear is not available to rent.
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: ASC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of ASC.
- Refund Policy: click here