Welcome, we are Ajax’s only recognized Skate Canada Club since 1967. Our Skate Canada, NCCP certified professional coaches focus on achieving goals through fun, progressive skill development that can be applied to recreational skating, ringette, hockey and beginner to elite figure skating. We welcome everyone from 3 years old, teens, adults, hockey/ringette players and those with special needs!
You can always feel free to reach our office by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child is 3+ years old this is the program for you. Skaters MUST be able to get up and move forward on their own.
Focusing on fundamental skills this is a 50 minute Learn To Skate program which is facilitated by a Certified Coach with the assistance of StarSkater ProgramAssistants. Basic skills are introduced stressing basic movement on the ice and focusing on FUN! Skaters will be assessed frequently to monitor their development in anticipation of their transition into our CanSkate program. Once skaters have mastered the required skills for Pre-CanSkate they will have the option then to move up to the CanSkate program (even if it is the middle of a season. Additional fees will be required on a pro-rated basis when a skater transfers to CanSkate.)
The PRE-CanSkate and CANSkate programs focus on the development of 3 fundamental movements organized in 6 stages of learning with continuous on-ice movement. The on-ice delivery emphasizes the use of newer and more dynamic small group (max of 10) teaching concepts including Fast Track and Station Rotation all of which has been proven to increase practice opportunities and improve the rate of skill acquisition among skaters. More visual aids and music are used to create a fun, stimulating and welcoming environment. At the end of every season skaters will receive report cards along with award ribbons or badges. Downloadable Chart
All participants must:
- have your own equipment including skates.
- a CSA-approved hockey helmet up to and including stage 5, due to covid-19 helmet full face shields are strongly recommended for all skaters.
- No bike helmets permitted. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- wear warm clothing which allows ease of movement. Jeans are not permitted.
- wear warm mittens or gloves. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
Pre-Canskate Schedule Click Here for Full Schedule
|Tuesday||5:30 - 6:20 pm|
The ASC Board reserves the right to amend the individual session qualifications and change the posted schedule at any time, as necessary for successful operation of club programming.
This year we will be accepting payment by credit card, e-transfer (sent to ajaxskatingclub.ca) or cheque made out to the Ajax Skating Club. Although cash is a choice we wish at this time to not accept to able stop the spread but if you need to pay by this method please contact our office admin (ajaxskatinglub.ca).
|Fall||# of classes||Winter||# of classes||Spring||# of classes|
|Tuesday||$156 + below||4 weeks|
When registering for any ASC program, the following fees will be automatically added to your invoice:
- ASC Administration fee $30.00 payable once per skater per skating year
- Skate Canada mandated membership fee $44.00, payable once per skater per skating year.
Sessions are priced according to number of skating days, and adjusted for all Exception Days (holidays, competitions, tournaments, etc.)
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: ASC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of ASC.
- Refund Policy: click here
- For more polices please