If your child is 3-4 years old this is the program for you.
Focusing on fundamental skills this is a 30 minute Learn To Skate program which is facilitated by a Certified Coach with the assistance of StarSkater Program Assistants. Basic skills are introduced stressing basic movement on the ice and focusing on FUN! Skaters will be assessed frequently to monitor their development in anticipation of their transition into our CanSkate program. Once skaters have mastered the required skills for Pre-CanSkate they will have the option then to move up to the CanSkate program (even if it is the middle of a season. Additional fees will be required on a pro-rated basis when a skater transfers to CanSkate.)
All participants must:
- a CSA-approved hockey helmet up to and including stage 5, helmet cages are strongly recommended for all stage beginner skaters. No bike helmets permitted. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- wear warm clothing which allows ease of movement. Jeans are not permitted.
- wear warm mittens or gloves. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
- must have your own equipment including skates.
Pre-Canskate Schedule (these times apply to all 3 seasons with the exception of No Saturday sessions during Spring skating)
Tuesday 6:20 - 6:50 pm Wednesday 6:20 - 6:50 pm Thursday 6:10 - 6:40 pm Friday 6:20 - 6:50 pm Saturday A. 10:20 - 10:50 am Saturday B 11:10 - 11:40 am
The ASC Board reserves the right to amend the individual session qualifications and change the posted schedule at any time, as necessary for successful operation of club programming.
This year we will be accepting payment by credit card, e-transfer (sent to ajaxskatingclub.ca) or cheque made out to the Ajax Skating Club. Although cash is a choice we wish at this time to not accept to able stop the spread but if you need to pay by this method please contact our office admin (ajaxskatinglub.ca).
|Fall||# of classes||Winter||# of classes||Spring||# of classes|
When registering for any ASC program, the following fees will be automatically added to your invoice:
- ASC Administration fee $30.00 payable once per skater per skating year
- Skate Canada mandated membership fee $44.00, payable once per skater per skating year
Sessions are priced according to number of skating days, and adjusted for all Exception Days (holidays, competitions, tournaments, etc.).
- Register for 2 session per week in any one season and receive 10% off the second session.
eg. Tuesday CanSkate Fall and Thursday CanSkate Fall = 10% off Thursday CanSkate Fall
- Sibling Discount - Register 2 siblings and receive $30 off the invoice total.
- Register 3 siblings and receive $60 off the invoice total.
Orientation Package program registration