CANSkate is Skate Canada's flagship learn-to-skate program, designed for children ages 5 and up from beginner to advanced. This is where skaters have the opportunity to develop a life-long interest in the sport. CANSkate serves as a feeder into the STARSkate & Competitive Program; however, it is also ideal as a means of preparing skaters for hockey, ringette, speed skating and even pleasure skating.
(If your skater has never skated before, and is between the ages of 3-4 please follow the link to our PreCanSkate program.
The PRE-CanSkate and CANSkate programs focus on the development of 3 fundamental movements organized in 6 stages of learning with continuous on-ice movement. The on-ice delivery emphasizes the use of newer and more dynamic small group (max of 10) teaching concepts including Fast Track and Station Rotation all of which has been proven to increase practice opportunities and improve the rate of skill acquisition among skaters. More visual aids and music are used to create a fun, stimulating and welcoming environment. At the end of every season skaters will receive report cards along with award ribbons or badges.Downloadable Chart
All participants must:
- a CSA-approved hockey helmet up to and including stage 5, helmet cages are strongly recommended for all stage beginner skaters. No bike helmets permitted. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT
- wear warm clothing which allows ease of movement. Jeans are not permitted.
- wear warm mittens or gloves. THIS IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT.
- must have your own equipment including skates.
|Tuesday||6:10 - 7:00 pm||Fall, Winter & Spring|
|Wednesday||6:10 - 7:00 pm||Fall, Winter & Spring|
|Thursday||6:00 - 6:50 pm||Fall, Winter & Spring|
|Friday||6:10 - 7:00 pm||Fall, Winter & Spring|
|Saturday A.||10:10 - 11:00 am||Fall & Winter|
|Saturday B||11:00 - 11:50 am||Fall & Winter|
The ASC Board reserves the right to amend the individual session qualifications and change the posted schedule at any time, as necessary for successful operation of club programming.
|Fall||# of classes||Winter||# of classes||Spring||# of classes|
When registering for any ASC program, the following fees will be automatically added to your invoice:
- ASC Administration fee $30.00 payable once per skater per skating year
- Skate Canada mandated membership fee $44.00, payable once per skater per skating year
Sessions are priced according to number of skating days, and adjusted for all Exception Days (holidays, competitions, tournaments, etc.).
- Register for 2 session per week in any one season and receive 10% off the second session.
eg. Tuesday CanSkate Fall and Thursday CanSkate Fall = 10% off Thursday CanSkate Fall
- Sibling Discount - Register 2 siblings and receive $30 off the invoice total.
- Register 3 siblings and receive $60 off the invoice total.