Top Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content
Additional Fees, Policies & Refund Information
STARSkate is for skaters who have successfully progressed through the CanSkate program. To participate in STARSkate, skaters are encouraged to select a private coach and, under their guidance, will develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of ice dance, skating skills, free skate and interpretive skating. STARSkaters progress through an increasingly complex series of skills via Skate Canada’s nationally standardized testing system
- No Make ups for Missed Classes: Skaters sign up for a specific session and cannot be accommodated on another session if they have to miss a day for any reason.
- Cancelled Classes: ASC cannot make up a class or provide a refund if there is a cancellation due to severe weather or other circumstances beyond the control of ASC.
- Refund Policy: See details of our refund policy below.
Skate Canada Membership Fees
When you sign up for a skating program at our club, you are required to also become a member of Skate Canada. This annual $44 fee is valid from Sept. 1 to Aug. 31. It includes insurance coverage, along with access to all Skate Canada programs.
For more information about Skate Canada, visit www.skatecanada.ca.
****In addition to the lesson fees, each participant must pay:
- $44 Skate Canada membership fee, payable once per skater per skating year
- $30 Administration fee, payable once per skater skating year
- $40 Skater Development Fee
****In addition to fees shown above, skaters/families have the option to volunteer on the ice and off the ice. Those families not wishing to volunteer may choose to opt out by paying the following fees:
Skaters registered for 1-2 sessions per week are required to PA for 20 hours on 1 CanSkate Session per weekduring the 2019-2020 season. Each skater must provide a post dated cheque dated May 1, 2020 during the first week of skating in the amount of $100. Once the 20 hours of PA time has been completed the cheque will be returned to the skater's parent. Alternatively, if a skater wishes to opt out of the PA requirement, a payment must be made in the amount of $100 during the first week of skating lessons. Payment can be made either in the office or online.
- Skaters registered for 3 or more sessions per week are required to PA for 40 hours on 2 CanSkate Sessions per week during the 2019-2020 season. Each skater must provide a post dated cheque dated May 1, 2020 during the first week of skating in the amount of $200. Once the 20 hours of PA time has been completed the cheque will be returned to the skater's parent. Alternatively, if a skater wishes to opt out of the PA requirement, a payment must be made in the amount of $200 during the first week of skating lessons Payment can be made either in the office or online.
- ASC is a volunteer based nonprofit organization. We rely heavily on parent and skater volunteers to run our club and the various events. StarSkate families are asked to volunteer for various events and committees throughout the skating year. During the first week of skating lessons, skaters are required to provide a post dated cheque dated for May 1, 2020 in the amount of $100. Once a family has completed 5 volunteer hours the cheque will be returned. If a family fails to complete the volunteer hours then the cheque will be cashed on May 1, 2020. Alternatively, if a family wishes to opt out of the volunteer requirement, a payment must be made in the amount of $100 during the first week of skating lessons. Payment can be made either in the office or online.
Every StarSkater will be required to sell one book of Skate Ontario raffle tickets ($2 per ticket, 20 tickets per book). The $40 for the tickets will be added to each skater's registration and ticket books will be handed out during the first week of classes. Further details will be provided with the ticket books.
Registration: All participants must register online at www.ajaxskatingclub.ca, but will have the option of either paying:
- Online: Pay by Visa or Mastercard
- Offline: Pay by cash/cheque (payable to ASC).
- Applicants can choose to either pay the complete fee at registration OR pay in installments.
Unused credit notes: Previous members with credit notes must contact the club at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to registering, and ask to have the credit applied to their account.
NSF Fees - $7 fee will be charged for NSF transactions.
Guest Skating, Off-Session Lessons, Make-Up Sessions
- A “guest skater” is an ASC skater coming on the ice on a day that they are not registered to skate on or a skater who is not registered with the ASC.
- Guest skating fees are $25.00 for ASC members and $30.00 for non-ASC members. All guest skaters must purchase a guest skating pass from the club office in advance of the session. Passes are to be given to the coach when entering the ice.
- Guest skating will only be permitted on sessions that are not full. Full sessions will be posted on the ASC bulletin board.
- Solo music will not be played for a guest skater until after all registered skaters have had their music played once in rotation.
- Off-session lessons are ONLY permitted if pre-arranged between the coach and skater. The skater may only remain on the ice for a 5-minute warm-up before the lesson, and must leave the ice immediately after the lesson; otherwise he or she is required to pay a guest skating fee. It is the coach’s responsibility to enforce this.
- Make-up sessions are only granted when the Ajax Skating Club cancels regularly scheduled sessions and it was not reflected in the schedule/exception days published at the begining of the season. (with the exception of cancellations due to inclement weather related issues.)
NOTE: There is a maximum of 10 guest skates per skater, per season.
NO GUEST SKATING, OFF-SESSION LESSON OR MAKE-UP
SESSION WILL BE ALLOWED ON FULL SESSIONS
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content